Fresh Start!

Started by
18 comments, last by Oluseyi 22 years, 4 months ago
Hey everybody, Dave has just made me the new moderator for this forum, as well as changed its name to "Everything Unix." Please feel free to post any questions whatsoever about Unix, Linux, *BSD, QNX, Solaris... you get the picture. I''ll be working on the FAQ presently, putting really frequent questions and helpful tips there. I''d also like to collect a set of forum resources and links to go along with that FAQ. If there''s anything you''d like to see here, feel free to let me know. I''ll be trying to get up to speed on all this moderator stuff, so it may take me a little while to figure everything out but I''ll get there! Welcome. [ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ] Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Advertisement
Congrats, and welcome comrade.

Give us liberty, or give us death!
Congrats, hopefully this board will start going in the right direction.
Wow!
...hey very cool title for this fresh start
Nifty!
I think it''s safe to say that Dave made an excellent choice.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Thanks everyone.

I''d like to know if there are any immediate changes you''d like to see. There was a bit of confusion over some of the threads recently closed such as "Why Linux Should Be Left to Power Users." Many (myself included) felt it should not have been closed as the discussion was both relevant and informative; do you want it reopened?

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Oluseyi! Congratulations, good luck here.

When I saw "Everything Unix" I thought you were browsing Forum ID''s again like last night

This was pretty un-expected. Cool.

I think you deserve it.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Finally a place that can answer all my FreeBSD questions!!

Hitchhiker90
"There''s one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay
"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
quote:Original post by Drizzt DoUrden
When I saw "Everything Unix" I thought you were browsing Forum ID''s again like last night

heh. You seem to be the only one who noticed (I guess I''ll need to dig that up again).
quote:I think you deserve it.

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

quote:Original post by Hitchhiker90
Finally a place that can answer all my FreeBSD questions!!

You might want to take a look at the new, improved forum FAQ. I''ve updated it with a ton of links to information repositories on UNIX, Linux and *BSD (* = Net, Free, ...)

And let me know if there''s anything you feel is missing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement