Collision Testing...

Started by
3 comments, last by Shadow_0f_Light 22 years, 4 months ago
Hey I''m having trouble with writing a collision detection system and I''m trying to speed it up. Does any one have any suggestions on how? Thanks...
I'm don't know much but I can try to help... just email me at... Shadow_0f_Light@Yahoo.com(the '0' in 'Of' is a zero :P)
Advertisement
You need much more info, like
What are you doing, what kind of detection, and all that good stuff.

ok I have the velocities of all the objects and their direct via rotation angles around the z and y axis. I have all the vertices for the objects... the problem I am having is calculating collision points, and results using rotation, velocities, and mass. With out checking for collision every frame or just finding a fast way to do that. This has to be a better way to find a collision than checking the distance between two objects every tenth of a frame... or am I just dreaming?
I'm don't know much but I can try to help... just email me at... Shadow_0f_Light@Yahoo.com(the '0' in 'Of' is a zero :P)
Brrrrrh! Sounds like you''re trying to collide every atom with every other atom in the universe! :-) I think it''s a better idea to simplify your moving objects by replacing them with their bounding spheres or bounding boxes. Of course this is not very accurate, but you want things running in realtime. If the accuracy is not satisfying, try to represent your objects as a hierachy of bounding spheres or boxes (AABB''s or OBB''s). There are some articles on www.gamasutra.com about this stuff.
Check this link: http://www.peroxide.dk/tutorials/tut10/pxdtut10.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement