Animated texture, how?

Started by
2 comments, last by eng3d 22 years, 4 months ago
Anyone can give a advice?.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Advertisement
It''s difficult to give an advice without knowing what exactly do you need. There is many methods for making animated textures. The simplest way is to use a sequence of bitmap images for this purpose and use on of them at each frame. Another way is to use a textures as a rendering target of some avi or any other video stream. You can also render an FLC file to a texture. Another simple method is to animate the palette of your texture but this needs your texture to be designed intelligently. Such method can be used to render things like animated water flow. Another method is to use a big texture and use texture coordinates transformation matrix. As you see, lots of methods but you need to choose one according to your case.
Ok, i have a mesh and i want to animate the face. Such a smile, or eyeblink. I can modify the vertex to give this animation. But there are some standard method for modify only the .u and .v component?.

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Instead of using a texture that contains one image for the eyes, use a texture with two images for the eyes (one with the eyes closed and another with the eyes open). Similarly, put all the different images of your mouth into the texture. Before rendering the eye, set a texture coordinates transformation matrix according to the status of the eye (opened or closed). The same thing goes for the mouth. Using this method, you have to split the mesh of the face into two parts, upper part and lower part, so that you can render the eyes seperately from the mouth.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement