Where should I begin?

Started by
9 comments, last by Tran Minh Quang 22 years, 4 months ago
I want to write games but I don''t know where I should begin? Can you help me which books should I read first (I am studying C++!) so after that I can write simple games like: Terris, breakout.. But I can''t buy books because they are too expensive for me so can you recommend me some downloadable books on Internet. Thank you very much! Quang
Advertisement
this should be in the beginners forum
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
if you look through all the old posts, you will find the answer to your question.
i''d give you a link, but then you would lose a character-building experience.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by Tran Minh Quang
I want to write games but I don''t know where I should begin? Can you help me which books should I read first (I am studying C++!) so after that I can write simple games like: Terris, breakout.. But I can''t buy books because they are too expensive for me so can you recommend me some downloadable books on Internet.
Thank you very much!

Quang

First of all, instead of posting messages where ever you want, check in the forum section, there''s a forum just for Newbs... Second, if you can''t by books, the best way to learn is Trial and error. That''s how I got started into programming( on an old C64 )...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
[Cyberdrek | ]
Go to www.makegames.com , there you will find lots of material to start a game programming career. There is a free book by Diana Gruber, the Webmaster. It´s a little dated, but maybe you can find it useful. Good luck!!
Start Here then proceed to here. And for GOOD books go here.

This can all be found on the top frame; use it!

Edited by - Floppy on December 13, 2001 11:40:57 PM
Thank you for your help!
First, I am sorry for posting in error forum (that beause my English is not very well!). And second, my Knowlege in IT is so poor so If I am seem stupid, forgive me!. And the last, this website is new for me so I confuse some things.
I am terribly sorry.
I also thank Kevin very much for his mail.
PS: www.makegames.com is nice. Thanks Ignacio Liverotti!

Thank you for your help!
First, I am sorry for posting in error forum (that beause my English is not very well!). And second, my Knowlege in IT is so poor so If I am seem stupid, forgive me!. And the last, this website is new for me so I confuse some things.
I am terribly sorry.

Thank you for your help!
I am terribly sorry.

Thank you for your help!
I am terribly sorry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement