Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shalom

Strange result

I am starting a new game, and I am starting off with simple rectangles with textures in dx8. For some strange reason, I am getting very strange results. Here is a picture: picture with problem The bottom is what the original file that I am getting the texture from looks like. I am simply clearing the screen, making a rectangle using this texture, and rendering. I get the picture on top. Also, the white dots aren''t always white - They turn to whatever color the background is. It just happens that I clear it to white. The black surround dots appear even though I cleared the background to white. Alpha blending is on. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks. In my thunking device, what happens to the inherited pointer to the original base class when I override the function & how do I access it in my inline assembly code, assuming that we are referencing the higher byte of the 16-bit variable?

Oh yeah - I''m in 32bit mode and I import the texture using D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, but I tried changing it to D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 and it didn''t help.

In my thunking device, what happens to the inherited pointer to the original base class when I override the function & how do I access it in my inline assembly code, assuming that we are referencing the higher byte of the 16-bit variable?

The red splotches are just because the place I uploaded my pictures to converted it to gif. The original, though, did have different shades of green. What difference does this make, though?

In my thunking device, what happens to the inherited pointer to the original base class when I override the function & how do I access it in my inline assembly code, assuming that we are referencing the higher byte of the 16-bit variable?