Brainstorm ideas for a puzzle game

Started by
7 comments, last by Dark Star 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi all, I wanna come up with an idea for a cool addictive puzzle game and so this brainstorming idea on one of the other forums (or here maybe) where I start with an idea and then fellow posters add something of their to that idea. Let me start with an initial idea for a puzzle game: 1. The player controls a character who has to think fast and push some blocks to matched other blocks of specific type or colour 2............. If you guys have any further ideas please respond with creative input, for a puzzler. It could be one sentence. Your help is appreciated Dark Star UK
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
there should be opportunities for the player to step into fire that shoots out of little nozzles on the walls (of course, the player should try to time it better to avoid burning). also, blocks should not be burned.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
The player has to push the blocks in front of the nozzles to prevent the flames from destroying other blocks (they're only fire-proof if exactly two of the same color are touching, no more, no less). The flame-nozzles will follow a pattern, and each time they go off, the flames get larger.

Give us liberty, or give us death!

Edited by - pwd on December 13, 2001 7:05:56 PM
Blocks should be able to be burned, but there should also be things called "Block Duplicators." They make a clone of the block if what is fired from the BD makes contact with the block. The blocks have to be placed in a certain way in order to crack the puzzle or something. (??)

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on December 13, 2001 7:04:56 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Each of the nozzles must be blocked to go on to the next stage. The player will have to act fast though, to keep the block duplicators from ruining his plans.

Give us liberty, or give us death!
A Cooliest music made a good puzzle.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

-Competitive breakdancing.

2 Players compete side by side. To make their breakdancers move they have to fill in ad-libs like puzzles, within a larger story. The goal is to make your opponenet laugh so much they can''t type or finish their story. You will ofcourse somehow make them have to read their oppoenets story somehow.

-Spelling pac man, instead of dots you get points for gobbling up letters which form words. The longer the words the more points you get. Watch out for the ghosts!

-Virtual card castle game. In 2d or 3D. Stack up virtual cards as high as they can go! Perhaps you can upload your creation for others to enjoy/destroy 8^)

-Train virtual sea-monkies to do tricks. Then capture their amazing feats on the virtual video cam! Trade their halarious antics with your firends and fellow v-monkey wranglers. Perhaps even have virtual sea-monkies competion!

-Massively multiplayer butterfly game! Collect nectar from virtual flowers covering a range of over 100 square km! Compete for nectar with 1000''s of other insects and arthropods. Who ever collects the most nectar by the end of the match wins! Uses cutesy graphics appealing to kids and adults alike!

-A upgraded version of hide and seek. Use one of the latest First Person Shooter engines. The setting should be a fantasy setting, and the characters be elves, faries, etc.. Again a kids game but should be really sharp looking.

-ddn

Good Luck! 8^)
Thanks guys for the response you all gave, it has given me some great ideas for a puzzler, if you could add some more ideas I''d really appreciate it.

Thanks

Dark Star
UK

---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
You might want to check out my game Crates. It''s a basic push the blocks onto the spots game. Might give you some ideas too. http://www.geocities.com/Greven0/. It has the full source code on the page too.

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement