Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indy

Win CE Programming

Indy    122
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction where to get hold of tutorials for the Win CE OS. I have managed to get the Embedded SDK 3.0 Toolkit. Basically it is cut-down version of the Visual Studio, but looks good. I want to convert a Win32 program I have recently made. However I''m pretty sure that I can''t simply load in the CE Toolkit. There are obvious changes to be made to the menu sizes etc... A nice Web Site like this (Horray for GameDev!!) would be handy if someone knows of one. Thanks Indy

BASSOFeeSH    122
What language, C/C++ or VB?

Are talking about a game or just a windows app?

I honestly don''t have a website, but I can tell you that you certainly can''t load a VB project in eVB.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wait, wait, wait....who''s Nambla Fett?

Indy    122
Apologies for not making it clear. My 1st preference is eVC++. I realise that I cannot simply load in a Win32 project, this is why I ask if there is a site that teaches CE programming.

I want to learn how to setup Menus, Windows, Dialog Boxes, etc...

And "Yes", I would like to dabble in game programming using GAPI. But lets walk before trying to run.

Thanks
Indy

BASSOFeeSH    122
I haven''t touched the c++ stuff, sorry. If my experience with eVB is any indication though, most stuff will be nearly identical to desktop programming. Of course the tiny, little differences will give you headaches.

Good luck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wait, wait, wait....who''s Nambla Fett?