Graduation Project

Started by
12 comments, last by EagleWarrior 22 years, 4 months ago
jesus kylotan, you''re dead on, who do we meet (in the programming business) that we can actualy say "this guy likes coding". Its getting harder to see people that are actually interested in programming. I work as a DataBase programmer, so that i can eat, but what i love is games programming, and my coworkers all program because they literally have to...
They don''t actually dig into the help system to find other ways of doing stuff...

More in regard to this post:
I suggest buying LaMothe''s "Tricks of the windows game programming Gurus", and then, when you know enough about directx initialization, and DSound and DInput, switch to NeHe''s OpenGL tuts, with this you''ll be able to code a pong in about 1-2 months tops, using 3D squares and a spheric ball...
From then on, just learn how to load 3D models in OpenGL,
use the ASC/ASE file format exported from 3D studio, do some sounds, levels, and you''re set for fame and posterity...

Anyway, good luck, and never think you have enough time. Thats mistake number 1.

[Hugo Ferreira][Positronic Dreams][]

Advertisement
If people don''t like programming, why would they even go CS... I really feel like a programming expert after hearing the skills of your classmates, Kylotan! And I haven''t even started in college yet
Oh and sorry for this rather pointless post
If people don''t like programming, why would they even go CS... I really feel like a programming expert after hearing the skills of your classmates, Kylotan! And I haven''t even started in college yet
Oh and sorry for this rather pointless post
quote:Original post by WoX
If people don''t like programming, why would they even go CS...

cos the careers advisor at school said it was a highly paid & respectable profession, one that would best suit their maths background perhaps ??

quote:Original post by WoX
I really feel like a programming expert after hearing the skills of your classmates, Kylotan! And I haven''t even started in college yet

You probably are, you''d be impressed by the standard of the best, shocked by the standard of the worst.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement