Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughac

Need help with linker error.

I''m using MS VC++ 6.0 and I keep getting a linker error that says: Unresolved external symbol _IID_DirectDraw7 My code is as follows: if (FAILED(DirectDrawCreateEx(NULL, (VOID**)&m_lpDD7, IID_IDirectDraw7, NULL))) { return E_FAIL; } I have the ddraw.lib in my project link settings and I have inluded the ddraw.h in my source code. How do I fix this?

I''m assuming u have at least the directx 7 sdk installed.

The problem is it''s using an older ddraw.h found in your ms sdk (or other) location .

Make sure your directory paths have the sdk include directory specified BEFORE the ms sdk includes. Better yet, make the directx sdk include the topmost directory. Repeat for library paths.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I have DirectX 8.0 installed. It''s the only version I''ve ever installed. I have my mssdk include and lib directory paths at the very top of the lists. They were put there automatically for me when I installed the software. I found another ddraw.h and ddraw.lib file in my Visual Studio include directory and I renamed them just to make sure I wasn''t using them. I still get the same error.