4d engine.

Started by
24 comments, last by Vlion 22 years, 4 months ago
Gah! I always forget to sign in..

I left out a whole bunch of negative signs.. all the 2-letter pairs in those matrices should be negated.. like "-AA+1 -BA -CA 0" etc..

xyzzy

Edited by - xyzzy00 on December 15, 2001 3:01:28 AM
Advertisement
quote:Look IronShit, I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about.

"Just to let you know, there are two different definitions of the 4th dimention. One is time, and the other is the demension beyond 3d." "Dimension beyond 3rd". Well thats a clear defenition. Of course, you can say there are 5th,6th,7th...etc dimensions, but obviously there is no way to visualize that. Adding a 4th dimension is simply representing objects with respect to time. Cut the bullshit. And I've seen the programs that are "4D." It is simply an abstract concept, that makes no sense to projecting to 2 space. Figure out what the hell you are saying before you start talking.

That bolded sentence proves you do not belong in this thread. If you read the other posts in this thread, you will realize how ignorant you are being right now. Again, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Unless you want to learn about demensions beyong the 3rd other than time, there is no reason for you to be in this thread.

BTW, are you and the first Anonymous Poster brothers or something?

Edited by - IronFist on December 15, 2001 3:29:19 AM
Play Sumasshu, which is a game I programmed. CLICK HERE
HAY YOU DUMB FUCKERS, STICK YOUR 4D ENGINE CRAP UP YOUR ASS, IT DOESNT EXIST AND NEVER WILL. WIPE THAT SHIT AWAY FROM YOUR MOUTH AND SHUTUP OR ILL COME ROUND TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT YOU SILLY.

ps. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!
[sarcasm] my hero, AP... [/sarcasm]

Could be time to can this thread Magmai... everyone is getting a bit emotional over nothing
This is from a different AP - the other AP needs to learn some manners - big time!

At any rate - time is not the 4d - maybe on the twilight zone or in some strange metaphysics - but read a book like "Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku or "Black Holes & Time Warps" by Kip Thorne and you''ll soon be made aware that time is something else entirely - a property apart from dimensionality.

When it comes to a game engine - it doesn''t make any sense to incorporate time into the spatial representation. Time is handled by the main thread of the program and to mix that code up with image data - that just sounds like a great headache!

The Hollasch paper looks great, thanks for the url. Keep up the thread too - I just might come out of hiding to participate in the discussion!
" The fastest code is the code you don't call "

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement