What C++ compiler?

Started by
18 comments, last by nws_mrman 22 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by krez

there is no need for bells and whistles.

--- krez (krezisback@aol
.com)

Irony at its best.

Later,
ZE.

EDITED to make that evil word stick out a bit more
EDITED once more for good measure.

Edited by - ZealousElixir on December 19, 2001 3:22:16 PM

Edited by - ZealousElixir on December 19, 2001 3:26:15 PM

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Advertisement
quote:Original post by Promit

B4 i get flamed, MS visual studio really is the best package to get for windows, and if you are a bit clever, it can compile for Linux too.

(I may write an article soon on how to force MSVC6 to use the CygWin or MinGW commandline compilers...)

I would be very interested in that.

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Something really weird happened to me today. I opened up VS.NET and loaded a file. Then I pressed the ''A'' key and the Shift key simultaneously on the keyboard. When I looked up at the screen, I could clearly see the letter A written in black on a white background. Really! I swear. I wouldnt lie about something like this.

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
Something really weird happened to me today. I opened up VS.NET and loaded a file. Then I pressed the ''A'' key and the Shift key simultaneously on the keyboard. When I looked up at the screen, I could clearly see the letter A written in black on a white background. Really! I swear. I wouldnt lie about something like this.

Isn''t that what it''s supposed to do? or am I just not getting the joke/irony. Hopefully I''m just not getting the MS and VS.NET suck type of joke/irony or you have gone insane Arild Fines .
Utterly

krez: i was j/k.

seriously, tho. i doesn''t really matter what IDE you prefer. but IMHO, VisualStudio is BY FAR the BEST software Microsoft has EVER developed.

"and you can scrap "VB, FoxPro & J++ from the package while we''re at it".

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
I agree. Not much from Microsoft has impressed me, but Visual C++ 6
0 is definitely something that has.

----
Herb M. (mdfmKoRn)
s3202@attbi.com
quote:me: there is no need for bells and whistles.
ZealousElixir:Irony at its best.

i would suggest you look up the word "irony" in the dictionary; it does not mean what alanis morrisette and many of the less educated people in this country think it does...
i never said anything good about america online. i do not use it. i simply have an email account there (on my parents account actually, from back in the day) because i have had it for so long. every time i change jobs (and when i finished college), i lose my email address there; at my aol address, everyone (from way back to my friends in middle school) can contact me without having to find my new one.
jackass.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Irony:

1) Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
2) Incrongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.
3) A trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs.

Your using AOL is ironic. Anyone who, including myself, who learned C++ through a telnet session and uses AOL for email (even for convienance) is ironic.

Ironic was used properly here. It wasn''t in Alanis''s song because there wasn''t anything ironic in her situations, there were just a serious of "that sucks, bummer dude" moments.

Hey, not cracking on your use of AOL (well, I am actually but you should get the joke and laugh at it too) but you''ve got the use of irony wrong.

R.
quote:Original post by Rube
2) Incrongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.
Your using AOL is ironic. Anyone who, including myself, who learned C++ through a telnet session and uses AOL for email (even for convienance) is ironic.

well, i suppose, since what "might be expected" is completely subjective... i just don''t understand why some people can''t fathom the possibility that someone might finish school, and no longer have an account on the CS servers... except for grad students, this is what "actually occurs" for everyone who graduates.
quote:Hey, not cracking on your use of AOL (well, I am actually but you should get the joke and laugh at it too) but you''ve got the use of irony wrong.

yah, i would give up my email address in a minute if it meant that all the aol servers would burn... don''t mind me, i get very defensive sometimes.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement