I Challenge You Too!

Started by
43 comments, last by bishop_pass 22 years, 3 months ago
Go on a day trip with me and come back a changed person with new insights which will fire your imagination, lead you on a new road to self discovery, and expand your mind into a zone of higher awareness. I cannot help that you will come back an ambulatory zombie and spend a day recovering though. In the end your writing will improve.
Advertisement
Sounds interesting. I don't understand though, are you going to be Ganduluf, the all knowing wizard, and drag Bilbo Baggins, the formal, un-knowing hobbit on an adventure that will make his writing better?

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on December 14, 2001 6:14:17 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
quote:Original post by bishop_pass
Go on a day trip with me and come back a changed person with new insights which will fire your imagination, lead you on a new road to self discovery, and expand your mind into a zone of higher awareness.

I cannot help that you will come back an ambulatory zombie and spend a day recovering though.

In the end your writing will improve.

So... you are going to watch Lord of the Rings too?

Moe''s site
quote:Original post by Drizzt DoUrden
Sounds interesting.

Of course it sounds interesting! Just imagine, the wisdom of bishop_pass guiding you on adventure...

I don''t understand though, are you going to be Ganduluf, the all knowing wizard, and drag Bilbo Baggins, the formal, un-knowing hobbit on an adventure that will make his writing better?

Metaphorically, yes.
quote:Original post by Moe
So... you are going to watch Lord of the Rings too?

Ummm... No. But, many of my suggested destinations are evocative of the imagery and power conjured by the texts. Not merely evocative, but downright overpowering, elusive, challenging, fantastical...
quote:Original post by bishop_pass
Ummm... No. But, many of my suggested destinations are evocative of the imagery and power conjured by the texts. Not merely evocative, but downright overpowering, elusive, challenging, fantastical...

eh, i''d rather go see the movie when it comes out...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Forget the movie! If you go with bishop_pass, you will live the movie. Why would you need to see it?
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
>> Go on a day trip with me and come back a changed person with new insights which will fire your imagination, lead you on a new road to self discovery, and expand your mind into a zone of higher awareness.

This sounds like taking a hallucinogenic drug.

---------------
Ratfest.org
Actually, a field trip is a good idea. It gets you away from classroom walls / office cubicals. For example, during the development of MetalGearSolid2, Hideo Kojima scheduled a trip to a nuclear power plant, so as to give the designer a feel for how that stuff works in the real world. Ignore the fact that nobody actually went, but its a nice idea to go and learn about what you''ll some day be writing about, for any genre or medium.

:: Inmate2993
:: William C. Bubel
"Please refrain from bothering Booster."
william bubel
quote:Original post by krez
eh, i''d rather go see the movie when it comes out...

In response to krez:
Pity... A two hour movie might provide two hours of enjoyment and some good conversation and maybe a little inspiration. A twenty hour trip with bishop_pass is a journey of self discovery and adventure providing memories which will shine like a beacon amongst the ordinary for the rest of your life...

Forget the movie! If you go with bishop_pass, you will live the movie. Why would you need to see it?

Drizzt is a little more in tune with the potentials...

quote:Original post by Ratman
This sounds like taking a hallucinogenic drug.

Hallucinogenic drugs are infusions into your body. Adventures are infusions of your body and mind into the unknown...

quote:Original post by Inmate2993
Actually, a field trip is a good idea. It gets you away from classroom walls / office cubicals. For example, during the development of MetalGearSolid2, Hideo Kojima scheduled a trip to a nuclear power plant, so as to give the designer a feel for how that stuff works in the real world. Ignore the fact that nobody actually went, but its a nice idea to go and learn about what you''ll some day be writing about, for any genre or medium

Exactly right. Experience is the real thing. And stepping out to the limits is where you really discover how things play out.

I promise that my field trips are a little less academic and a lot more evocative of a serious displacement in time or space.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement