Rotating??

Started by
1 comment, last by FERNANDO-BRASIL 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi guis!! I'm new OpenGL developer, and I want to know a thing about rotation... To rotate things, we can use glRotatef right? Yes.. but I'm getting some problems with it... I'll try to explain, but it's very confusion, so you'll have to pay mutch attention (sorry...) For example... let's imagine a quad, and its X, Y, Z axis: _________z / \. /_____y_____\z | . | | . | | . | |_____y_____| x .......... x Lets imagine that X is rotated 30º (how we see in the picture).. In this case, if we do a rotation on Y axis, the result will be, that only the Y axis will be rotated... (if X rotation value were 0, it would be OK, but it's not 0.. then, the Z axis had to be rotated too...) I know that the command glRotatef don't do this, but I would like to know, it there is another command, function or something like that I can use to do this... Well, this is my question... I don't know if I explained it very well, but I'll be happy if someone explain me how to do that.. Thanks! Edited by - FERNANDO-BRASIL on December 14, 2001 8:30:58 PM
Advertisement
Well!!! I''ll try to do again the question, but with other words...

I would like to do a rotation that turn the quad always considering the CAMERA angle of vision. If I did a rotation on X axis, it''ll have to turn always in the same X axis, independent if the Quad Y, Z rotation already have a value that sure, will make the X axis appears to be rotated in another direction...

hehe.. I think this question was better than the other....

PLEASE... place those ASCII diagrams inside tags!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement