Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Building Error

This topic is 5839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just upgraded my DirectX SDK from version 6.1 to 8.1. I loaded up some of my old source files and compiled them and they worked fine. Then I tried building them and I get an error: --------------Configuration: block - Win32 Debug----------------- Linking... ..\..\..\..\Dxsdk\lib\ddraw.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b16078a Error executing link.exe. block.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) I have overwritten the ddraw.lib files in my vc\lib\ directory with the new ones from DX8. I am using MSVC++ 5.0 to compile. Is there anything different I need to do to compile with DX 8 than there was with DX 6? I checked the doc but I couldn''t find much info.

Higgenkreuz found a solution to my problem on Teej''s board. You need to upgrade the MSVC++ 5.0 compiler with some service packs found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vs97/full.asp. Thanks a ton Higgenkreuz!