Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegadam

Downloading AI Scripts???

Vegadam    122
Does any one know where I can go to download some AI scripts? I need some to edit. Sure I could write my own........ But Im lazy. So does any one know where I can go to download them?

a person    118
umm, scripts? i guess your the newbie power coder that can code all but is too lazy. looks like vc++ but is c++? i assume you coded your own compiler and ide? you confuse me, maybe because you are too awsome for my meager coding ablilities. you can try downloading some at 127.0.0.1 or better explain your problem so people can help you.

Arild Fines    968
Methinks t''is a joke.

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey

Tok    262
You post hasn''t gotten too many "nice" replies, so I''ll throw in my $.02, Vegadam- it''s Christmas, after all, and I''m a nice guy. The term "Scripts" is throwing me off, as I''ve always known scripts to be parsed text that a program runs to perform some sort of effect. When your asking for AI scripts, then, my first response would be "which program"?

"It is a RPG, but it is 2D. Well Not even 2D."
That''s very cryptic. The only "1D" I could think of would be a text adventure.

"I guess you could say it looks like VC++ but its In? C++. And I need AI for the other Bots." Hmm.... and VC++ is basically an application with a bunch of text... so...? Am I anywhere near, here? A text-based game? Or a 2d tilemap?

Basically, any "scripts" (or c++ sourcecode, if that''s what you meant) would depend on the application you wanted to add it to. If this isn''t your own creation, and you know the name of the program, try searching the net. On the other hand, if you wrote this yourself- sorry, nobody has written anything that will be instantly compatable with your program. You *could* edit some code, I guess... I think this is what your asking... but it would probably prove to be more work than you wanted. I think your best bet would be to check the resources section here at gamedev, under "ai". You could probably get some ideas for whatever it is your working on. Most ai is probably less work than you think it is.
Well, have fun, and Merry Christmas!!!

-------------- Tok --------------
~The Feature Creep of the Family~

monkeyman    253
Are you looking for some "example" AI scripts from another program to use as a starting point for your own scripting system?

Having the script is not enough..your program still has to read it, figure out what to do, and apply it..scripts don''t do anything by themselves, it''s just a text file with a description of "something"..

If you''re just looking for an example of how AI data can be described in a text file, there is no right or wrong way to do it, it all depends on your application..

At the very least, you should probably clarify your question..

"Like all good things, it starts with a monkey.."

Vegadam    122
Thank you both of you very much! Examples is what I need. Something to base my Idea around. Not to use or even to edit. Although that is what my initial question was for. I was just hopeing for something to base an Idea on. To see how an AI script worked. Seeing as I have never set one up before, and only have a vauge Idea of what it may look like. So thank you to both of you.

Vegadam    122
Thank you both of you very much! Examples is what I need. Something to base my Idea around. Not to use or even to edit. Although that is what my initial question was for. I was just hopeing for something to base an Idea on. To see how an AI script worked. Seeing as I have never set one up before, and only have a vauge Idea of what it may look like. So thank you to both of you.