Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cata_lyst334

.3ds to .x file

cata_lyst334    122
I have MVC++ 6.0 and 3DSMax4.2 and I need to turn my mesh drawings from 3dsmax to .x file format so I can use them easier. If you could please explain this to me do tell. thanx in advanced Reality is what it is because that''''s what you make it.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok I have tried conv3ds.exe it just comes up with a small screen and then closes. I don''t even have time to read it.
However I have not looked for the other exporter I''ll try it

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok my bad got a little confused on that last message. Didn''t realize you where talking about the same exporter.
anyway my problem still stands. I don''t think the exporter works is there another place where I can download one?

JimboC    152
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Ok I have tried conv3ds.exe it just comes up with a small screen and then closes. I don''t even have time to read it.
Did you try running it from a command prompt or just Start -> Run?

Rad76    122
What you need is a program called EZconv or EZconvert, I can''t remember. Basicly it is an addon to the conv3ds.exe. It is a window where you type in the name of the file you want to convert as well as if it has animations or not. It works!!! You can find it on the net.

Delerius    122
If you go to Microsofts site by the SDK downloads there is extras for Directx 8.1. Get them there is an export plugin for Max 4.x that will save x files.

OB1st    122
did you read the read me file in the same directory as the conv3ds, there are several switches you can use.

type in the dos screen command line conv3ds -m filename.3ds.It will be easier to have the file to be converted and the conv3ds in the same directory. There is no reason why it should not work.

Mission 1 is complete we tought our children how to hate. Mission 2, the off switch does not work !!!

cata_lyst334    122
ok thanx guys I think the converter works now but I''m still haveing trouble. I explained my problem in my latest post.
thanx

Reality is what it is because that''''s what you make it.

Rayman    122
Wanna really easy way to solve this problem, if you can save the problem as a .3ds you can download Milkshape and export it to a .x file. It seems logical and it was simply even for me.

Oh and before you call me a newb i am not ask anyone in the gamedev chat if they know ray or rayman.

The only dif. between men and women is men like to eat out without leaving the house

Delerius    122
Milkshape works fine too. So does the console program, but the exporter directly from Max is the least amount of steps. Supposedly you can export more data from your max models directly than you can while going to .3ds but that''s all still beyond me. hehe, I''ve used the 4.x export plugin but still haven''t gotten to the point in directx yet where I am ready to use the x file =P