.3ds to .x file

Started by
11 comments, last by cata_lyst334 22 years, 4 months ago
I have MVC++ 6.0 and 3DSMax4.2 and I need to turn my mesh drawings from 3dsmax to .x file format so I can use them easier. If you could please explain this to me do tell. thanx in advanced Reality is what it is because that''''s what you make it.
Reality is what it is because that''s what you make it.
Advertisement
search your sdk directory for conv3ds.exe

save the max file as a 3ds file and convert it.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
There is also an x-file exporter for 3DSMax4 included in the sdk extras directory. Should allow you to save directly .x

xyzzy
Ok I have tried conv3ds.exe it just comes up with a small screen and then closes. I don''t even have time to read it.
However I have not looked for the other exporter I''ll try it
Ok my bad got a little confused on that last message. Didn''t realize you where talking about the same exporter.
anyway my problem still stands. I don''t think the exporter works is there another place where I can download one?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Ok I have tried conv3ds.exe it just comes up with a small screen and then closes. I don''t even have time to read it.
Did you try running it from a command prompt or just Start -> Run?

What you need is a program called EZconv or EZconvert, I can''t remember. Basicly it is an addon to the conv3ds.exe. It is a window where you type in the name of the file you want to convert as well as if it has animations or not. It works!!! You can find it on the net.
If you go to Microsofts site by the SDK downloads there is extras for Directx 8.1. Get them there is an export plugin for Max 4.x that will save x files.
did you read the read me file in the same directory as the conv3ds, there are several switches you can use.

type in the dos screen command line conv3ds -m filename.3ds.It will be easier to have the file to be converted and the conv3ds in the same directory. There is no reason why it should not work.

Mission 1 is complete we tought our children how to hate. Mission 2, the off switch does not work !!!
I would love going home to M7, but I can't detect black holes.
ok thanx guys I think the converter works now but I''m still haveing trouble. I explained my problem in my latest post.
thanx

Reality is what it is because that''''s what you make it.
Reality is what it is because that''s what you make it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement