Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xyan

#include

Xyan    122
I've read somewhere that including unnecessary header and library files in gaming code would slow down your game speed. I often inculde a bunch of OpenGL and DirectX to make shure my code functions are supported and I don't get anny unnecessary bugs. And later on I remove the ones I didn't use. -Is this method ok, because I find it hard to determine wich ones I used and wich not? -And does it slow down your gaming code(and eventually your game itself)?And what if you use just a few lines of a library? Edited by - Xyan on December 15, 2001 1:41:08 AM Edited by - Xyan on December 15, 2001 1:42:03 AM Edited by - Xyan on December 15, 2001 1:42:29 AM Edited by - Xyan on December 15, 2001 3:07:29 PM

Shannon Barber    1681
Generally, it only slows down the compliation, not the output code.

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you''ve never written buggy code" - Lee

"What I see is a system that _could do anything - but currently does nothing !" - Anonymous CEO

Oluseyi    2109
The files that go into the compilation process do not necessarily determine the size of the resulting executable. It is the actual compiled code - code in static libraries and source files (or inline functions defined in headers) - that yields the resulting executable.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!