Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikemc

Visual C++/OpenGL display problems ...

I recently got Visual C++ 6.0 with SP3. I''m running through opengl tutorials, and it seems that 75% of the time when I build one and run it, it messes up my screen pretty bad. What it does is throw a bunch of junk (looks like red and black static) on the top of the screen (the top half inch) then splits the screen in half offsetting the picture. The line coming down the center of the screen is where the left and right ends of the image (and desktop) are meeting. Anybody experience this ? I have win98, an ati rage fury pro 32mb card, and vc 6 with sp3.. Thanks, Mike

I have it in 800x600, but I can try it in other resolutions. I also lowered my colors to 16bit but that didn't work... It also works fine in windowed mode, just messes up in full screen.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by - mikemc on December 15, 2001 10:36:37 AM

I tried it in 1280x768 and didn't see any problems. Another funny part is I had no problem doing these with Dev-C++ and mingw, just with Visual-C++.

I don't understand what youre referring to with "base code", are you referring to the libraries ?

baldurk - are you saying it could just be a code problem ?

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by - MikeMc on December 15, 2001 12:06:33 PM

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi there

Somebody told me that is
illegal to learn programming
in Germany unless you are
in a school for computer sciense
Is this correct?

basically if it displays gibberish then the monitor can''t change to that resolution.

Find a resolution that it works with but remember that most people use 800x600 - 1024x768.

The ''basecode'' is the code written by NeHe. It is the stuff you did in lesson 1. There are also new versions which make it easier, they are available on the homepage