Visual C++/OpenGL display problems ...

Started by
7 comments, last by mikemc 22 years, 4 months ago
I recently got Visual C++ 6.0 with SP3. I''m running through opengl tutorials, and it seems that 75% of the time when I build one and run it, it messes up my screen pretty bad. What it does is throw a bunch of junk (looks like red and black static) on the top of the screen (the top half inch) then splits the screen in half offsetting the picture. The line coming down the center of the screen is where the left and right ends of the image (and desktop) are meeting. Anybody experience this ? I have win98, an ati rage fury pro 32mb card, and vc 6 with sp3.. Thanks, Mike
Advertisement
sounds like an incompatible resolution. Try changing the code to change to your standard screen resolution instead of 640x480. Also try running in windowed mode.
I have it in 800x600, but I can try it in other resolutions. I also lowered my colors to 16bit but that didn't work... It also works fine in windowed mode, just messes up in full screen.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by - mikemc on December 15, 2001 10:36:37 AM
what version of the base code are u using?
Coz I recall there being a problem with the intial version of the base code and ATi gfx cards.

------------------------------
Phantom
m00!
I think the base code got modified in Lesson 29 or something. The one on Bezier curves but I think the problem was just with it not coming out of full screen properly.
I tried it in 1280x768 and didn't see any problems. Another funny part is I had no problem doing these with Dev-C++ and mingw, just with Visual-C++.

I don't understand what youre referring to with "base code", are you referring to the libraries ?

baldurk - are you saying it could just be a code problem ?

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by - MikeMc on December 15, 2001 12:06:33 PM
Hi there

Somebody told me that is
illegal to learn programming
in Germany unless you are
in a school for computer sciense
Is this correct?

basically if it displays gibberish then the monitor can''t change to that resolution.

Find a resolution that it works with but remember that most people use 800x600 - 1024x768.

The ''basecode'' is the code written by NeHe. It is the stuff you did in lesson 1. There are also new versions which make it easier, they are available on the homepage
That''s what I meant, 1024X768, not 1280.. anyways, I''ll go rummaging through the code and see what I find...

Thanks for the help, all!

Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement