Creating .exe files?

Started by
6 comments, last by Hazzsoft 22 years, 4 months ago
Hopefully this has a simple answer that I just don''t know about. I''ve always used the Introductory edition of Visual C++ 6.0 so I''ve never been able to create an .exe file that I could distribute, but I recently purchased the Pro edition and have finished a puzzle game that I would like to show to potential employers and give to friends. How do I do this? I''ve tried but the .exe file is only 300K while all the source code, .bmp and .wav files are over 13 megs. How do I get all those graphics and sound files into that .exe file? Needless to say the .exe file doesn''t work - it comes back with an error that I think is because it doesn''t know how to load the .bmp and .wav files. Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know of a good site that will let you put your finished projects/games on so that you can get some constructive critism on what you''ve done? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
You can always put the images and sound files into a resource file on your computer, that will be compiled into the .exe when needed. I do not use the resource system very often, so I can not tell you off the top of my head how to use it.

Other then that you will have to dsitribute the file with your .exe and use something like Winzip Self-extractor to put it all into one file, or use some kind of installer to distribute.

Gamedev''s AI Auto-Reply bot.
Gamedev's AI Auto-Reply bot.
Hi there

Somebody told me that is
illegal to learn programming
in Germany unless you are
in a school for computer sciense
Is this correct?
In answer to my on question I just had to copy those .bmp and .wav files into the release folder and the .exe file works just fine. I knew it couldn''t be that hard.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hi there

Somebody told me that is
Is this correct?

Sure, that''s why I sit in jail as I type this.

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hi there

Somebody told me that is
Is this correct?

LOL Sure, the communist committee that made the earth flat decided to impose this rule because otherwise we would be manipulated by the capitalistic and imperialistic regime called "Microsoft".

Long live the revolution!
I never have cared for Germany since they got rid of their Beer Purity Law.

Shame!!
Hey, we had to!

The European laws forced us to get rid of it because of fair inner-European competition blah blah blah....

But the German beer breweries decided to stick to the old law and still brew with only pure ingredients because of marketing and tradition.

Cheers!

Edited by - Askadar on December 17, 2001 3:03:09 PM
Kill mages first!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement