Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JavaDev

Playstation Game Development

Anyone have a lead in on even PS1 development techniques or tech docs relating to direct calls to PS hardware? As in....if I wanted to create a game port for Playstation where would I find info on developing for that platform? If I were lucky there would be a Playstation SDK, but I dont see myself being that lucky ;-)

quote:
Original post by JavaDev
Anyone have a lead in on even PS1 development techniques or tech docs relating to direct calls to PS hardware?

Google seems to know about most things... Following that link gave me page after page of info on the NetYaroze and a couple of hobbyist sites.

Here''s another search tool for you: GDNet search. This topic comes up every now and then, so searching this site for references to "PlayStation development" will bring up quite a few hits. You might only want to follow the ones in the Game Programming and Console and PDA Development forums.

quote:
If I were lucky there would be a Playstation SDK, but I dont see myself being that lucky ;-)

Actually, you''re lucky and unlucky. There is a PS SDK: lucky you. It''s only available for registered Sony PlayStation developers, and still costs them about 25K or more: unlucky you.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!