Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinX

transforming

LinX    122
hi..if i onli wan to transform the y values of a vertice. how could i do this without locking the vb ? is there a matrix to do this ? thanks alot

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
forgot to make things clearer..i onli want to change particular y values of the vertices and not all..

FantasyGuy    122
What a coincidence. We both posted at the same time. My reply was for the first post, not the second.
Hmm, you want to change only particular values. No, there is no such matrix. But, maybe if you tell us about your case we might find some way out.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
rough example of wad i m going to do..
i m going to draw multiple rectagles from a vertex bufer..however i will need to changes the y value of particular points in real time depending on datas loaded from a data files..
i heard tat lockin n unlocking the vb is an expensive process thus i m lookin into other ways into doing it..
thanx

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
is it posible not to draw from a vb rather drawing directly from a vertices ? if posible what are the atagesof using a vb ?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
is it posible not to draw from a vb rather drawing directly from a vertices ? if posible what are the advantagesof using a vb ?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
can someone please show mi the correct wae to use drawprimativeup ? i can''t seem to get it to work and i don''t reali understand what its last argument is.. thanks

CrazedGenius    156
The correct way to use the ...UP functions is to not use them at all. Use vertex buffers. To change the values, use the transformation matrices. They are in all the SDK examples, including some of the simple tutorial examples. Or, you could use transformed vertices.

In any case, file access is going to be slow. Is there any way to read everything from the file before rendering and not read new data while you are actually rendering frames?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by CrazedGenius
The correct way to use the ...UP functions is to not use them at all. Use vertex buffers. To change the values, use the transformation matrices. They are in all the SDK examples, including some of the simple tutorial examples. Or, you could use transformed vertices.

In any case, file access is going to be slow. Is there any way to read everything from the file before rendering and not read new data while you are actually rendering frames?

the datas are loaded in the initializing function..tat''ll be better right