Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

droplet

source code to classic hack and slay games

Hey, does anyone know where I might be able to be able to find the source or an engine for one of those old arcadish hack and slay games like knights of the round, or those dungeons and dragons arcade types. If you dont know the genre i mean check out: http://www.mame.dk/gameinfo/knights/ I''d love to make a game like one of them, only with sweet gfx + sound, more focus on the battle engine (i.e. real moves not just relying on keyboard mashing) and the magic engine (many of those games just have one spell for each charachter), the rpg elements (i.e. inventory, charachteristic points) and have support for and quite a bit of focus on hirelings and summonees -actually giving them basic commands like protect, dont let through, etc. I havent succeeded starting from scratch, I''m more into the creative side, and I like modifying things to work the way I like them to (long live open source -which my game would by all means be). Any constructive suggestions will be appreciated. :D If at first you dont succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried at all.