Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris1234

Tetris....again...but

chris1234    122
Hi, first this isn''t really a technical programming problem... I''m writing a tetris game, like so many others are or did...but I''m at the point of implementing the points scoring part, but I don''t know how many points you get for making 1, 2, 3 or 4 lines in the original tetris (Game-Boy version I think that would be)and how many points u would get for just placing a shape in a place in the pit...and if you get more points depending on your level...any help with that would be very useful...(and no I don''t own a gameboy...so can''t test it out...) Thanks in advance Chris

RomanR    122
Well, the original Tetris was not released on the GameBoy. Actually, the GameBoy appeared a long time after Tetris. Search for something like "original Tetris" on Google. You might get some sites in Russian though. And don''t forget that the name "Tetris" is copyrighted and you are prohibited to write a falling blocks game whose title ends with "tris".

Drizzt DoUrden    100
Just make it 10 points for 1 line, 20 points for two, 40 for three, and 80 for four. The scoring method doesn''t make a difference as long as you have an idea of what the highest score should be based on your scoring method.