• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiroke

texture rotated by 45deg when applied:-(

This topic is 6028 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all ! tell me if im becoming annoying with my questions:-) I''ve been searching for about 2 hours now and i really cant see the problem here. Have u ever had a texture that wont load normally?? the problem is that my texture will appear to be rotated by 45 deg to the left. ive made a test texture that is composed from a vertical green stripe, a red one and a blue one. Theses stripe are all together and ive applied it to a rectangle. The texture, when applied, will appear to be composed of diagonal stripes, thoses stripes being repeated to fulfill the rectangle. Here is the code for loading the texture. if (TextureImage[1] = LoadBMP("Data/test.bmp")) { Status = TRUE; glGenTextures(1, &texture[1]); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST); gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, TextureImage[1]->sizeX, TextureImage[1]->sizeY, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[1]->data); } if(TextureImage[1]) { if (TextureImage[1]->data) free(TextureImage[1]->data); free(TextureImage[1]); } its really the same thing as in the tutorial 7 to the exception that im making 2 textures, so im calling LoadBMP for the second time. Here is the code for drawing my rectangle glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(1.0f, 4.0f, -45.0f); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glTexCoord2f(0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glTexCoord2f(1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(0.8f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glTexCoord2f(1.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(0.8f, 1.5f, 0.0f); glTexCoord2f(0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.5f, 0.0f); glEnd(); Thx alot for ur help ! Kiroke

Advertisement
nevermind that question ive got my answer...the bmp was not the appropriate format (was not a power of 2)

Kiroke

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!