how do I create .md2 models?

Started by
3 comments, last by csxpcm 22 years, 4 months ago
Hello everyone! Could someone please advise me on how to create Quake II (.md2) models please. Which package is useful for doing this. Is 3D Studio Max the best? or are there some cheaper and better alternatives? Also, can someone please direct me on how to parse through a Quake II map format. Is this the .bsp format? At the moment, my very simple engine consists of the level geometry loaded from a file, which is similar to NeHe''s lesson 10 file format. I want a more complex scenery. Does anyone know if there are already any classes available which would parse through a Quake II map. Thanks in advance, Regards, - Pete
Advertisement
I think Animation Master can create .md2 files but I dont do any gfx myself.
If you are using a low polygon count model, then you can use MilkShape3D

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

Hi,

3Dmax can do it (you will need to find s md2 plugin) but Milkshape3D is probly the best. The Milkshape3D web sight had some info about parsing the md2 as well. I will have to look thrue my old code I made a simple md2 loader, most liking I will not find it till next weekend (this is finals week for me )

Good luck
Thankyou everyone! I''m very grateful for all your help!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement