• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoshiN

bitmap loading function...need help

This topic is 6027 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I have this bitmap loading function that uses direct x and the Windows GDI to load a bitmap to a surface (in this case, lpddstest). I can compile it error free, but when I try to execute it, I get this error: --------------------Configuration: bitmaps - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... bitmaps.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw7 Debug/bitmaps.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. bitmaps.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) you can download the cpp file here. Please help me out if you know what''s wrong. Thanks -Yoshi XGXCX ''''99

Advertisement
I have this problem constantly.
Its because I''m a moron and always forget to link
in dxguid.lib

remember all your id symbols for directx are deposited there.
(Unfortunately the directx docs never mention it in any place
I''ve seen)

--Ravenshadow

Okay, well, now I can execute it, but I can''t get the image to show up! If anyone with some experience in this area can help me, I''d appreciate it. I added in the line:

if(!Game_Main())
break;

to test out if the blitting worked (if it doesn''t it returns 0 in the Game_Main and thus breaks the main loop). Obviously there is something wrong, not quite sure what it is though. I uploaded the code here: bitmaps.cpp.

Thanks

-Yoshi
XGXCX ''''99

Guest Anonymous Poster
why don''t you use the ddutil.cpp/.h source file from the dx sdk. for loading bitmaps, it always works!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!