bitmap loading function...need help

Started by
3 comments, last by YoshiN 22 years, 4 months ago
Okay, I have this bitmap loading function that uses direct x and the Windows GDI to load a bitmap to a surface (in this case, lpddstest). I can compile it error free, but when I try to execute it, I get this error: --------------------Configuration: bitmaps - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... bitmaps.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw7 Debug/bitmaps.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. bitmaps.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) you can download the cpp file here. Please help me out if you know what''s wrong. Thanks -Yoshi XGXCX ''''99
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
Advertisement
I have this problem constantly.
Its because I''m a moron and always forget to link
in dxguid.lib

remember all your id symbols for directx are deposited there.
(Unfortunately the directx docs never mention it in any place
I''ve seen)

--Ravenshadow
You are my savior. Thanks a lot!

-Yoshi
XGXCX ''''99
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
Okay, well, now I can execute it, but I can''t get the image to show up! If anyone with some experience in this area can help me, I''d appreciate it. I added in the line:

if(!Game_Main())   break;  

to test out if the blitting worked (if it doesn''t it returns 0 in the Game_Main and thus breaks the main loop). Obviously there is something wrong, not quite sure what it is though. I uploaded the code here: bitmaps.cpp.

Thanks

-Yoshi
XGXCX ''''99
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
why don''t you use the ddutil.cpp/.h source file from the dx sdk. for loading bitmaps, it always works!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement