VB and DrawPrimitiveUP

Started by
2 comments, last by intrest86 22 years, 4 months ago
Every time I call DrawPrimitiveUP VB closes down, without giving me a chance to get the error from DirectX. I am running VB6 SP5... Any Ideas? If one person would write a book on DirectX in VB, I would make them a rich man!
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Advertisement
Visit http://64.23.12.52//Tutorials/DirectX8/GR_Lesson03.asp and take a look. There is an example of DrawPrimitiveUP in action as well as working code to download. The site has heaps of really good tutorials to get you started.
Yeah, I use DX4VB for tutorials, and thats where I learned what I know, but I can''t see what is causing the problem.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
I have no idea why your code doesn''t work, but it''s highly recommended that you don''t use the ...UP functions anyway.

I haven''t used VB in a LONG time, but I would guess that VBs notion of a pointer is different than what the ...UP functions want. At least that was the sort of thing that got me to stop using VB long ago
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement