good site I found

Started by
18 comments, last by ByteMe95 22 years, 2 months ago
This is not a promo of any sorts, I have no affiliation with this website I want to tell everyone about, I ust think it''s great. Go to www.topcoder.com, they have competitions about twice a week for PROGRAMMERS. The competitions are an hour and 15 minutes of straight coding. You get 3 problem sets of varying difficulty, and if you get a good score you actually get some $$$. I found this site a few days ago and am sooo hooked on it right now, I''m just trying to tell every programmer I know about it! And the chacnes of winning are really good, because they split all competitors into rooms of 8 per room, and top 3 coders in a room get some cash prize (division 1 is $300, $150 and $75, div 2 you get $150, $75, $25) I actually placed in 3rd in div 2 first time I competed, and im not taht great. And besides the money its a really good way to sharpen your coding skills, they have practice sessions open all the time. I never even knew anything about stl a few days ago, now im all into it. Anyway, check it out, if you think it''s interesting register. You can actually refer me by the same nick as here, ByteMe95. And then when yuo register get all your coder friends to join and have them refer you! Not to mention they have employers checking out the site for good coders all the time as well. Hope this isnt some kind of advertising breach, because its not, im just trying to make this site known to al hobby programmers out there! ByteMe95::~ByteMe95() Cerebrum Software
ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()My S(h)ite
Advertisement
I just visited the site, it''s pretty cool...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
quote:Original post by ByteMe95
Hope this isnt some kind of advertising breach, because its not, im just trying to make this site known to al hobby programmers out there!

Apparently, only a select few are allowed to participate:

"legal resident of
All US and Canadian Citizens, excluding Quebec.
All Lawful Permanent Residents of the US (i.e., Green Card Holders).
All Legal Permanent Residents of Canada, excluding Quebec.
All Legal Permanent Residents of Australia.
All non-immigrants currently residing in the US with a valid Visa."

Still, it's an interesting idea.

Edited by - spock on December 16, 2001 12:05:05 AM
that''s because they don''t want to get in trouble. In most parts of the US and Canada it is easy to run contests. In a lot of other countries you risk getting in trouble if you don''t do a whole bunch of stuff. So to keep things simple they just ban the people from countries that would hassle them.
Yeah, I didnt really realize that I guess.
Well, you can always do the practice tournaments for your own benefit I suppose, but it''s definately not as good as competing in real time with cash prizes

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
Cerebrum Software
Sounds great. I signed up and gave you as the referrer.

---
Make it work.
Make it right.
Make it fast.
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Do you think you really have to be 18? I''m 14?
have your mom or dad sign up but you do the programming. They send the money to your parent, you spend it. As long as it is ok with your parents you won''t get in trouble (unless they find out).
Yeah, That''s what I figured.
Yeah, the only reason you would have to be 18 is to recieve the money. So, you can sign up and not recieve the money or better yet sign up as your parent and have them give you the money

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
Cerebrum Software

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement