Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krez

Please help me!

ever since i posted a message mocking the guy from TrueVision3D, these men in black suits and sunglasses have been following me! i had to hide in a freight train all weekend, and it was cold out too! i just checked my email this morning, and look what i found:
quote:
Subj: Response... Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 5:55:49 PM Eastern Standard Time From: To: Greetings, Your attitude at game dev topic http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=70862 isn''t accept able, and we''ll request to have you banned of those forums. You lie *public* to other people, about the Federal Bureau of Investigation and TrueVision3D. The case, that is standing at GameDev.net is real and will be handled at court. If you get an obstacle in this case, then we''ll need to take actions against you. All this information, mails in/out , topics about tv3d, ... are all handled and reviewed by the FBI for the investigation and they take everything Sirius, including your fake response. We hope you''ll change your attitude, else we''ll be forced to let you know, what the consequences are. Sincerely, TrueVision3D Team
i am seriously concerned because, as i said earlier, those guys are following me. i think they want to hurt me. they might want to brainwash me. i don''t even know if they are the FBI or just some TrueVision3D Secret Agents. i think i might have "got an obstacle in this case" and now i am unaccept able. please someone give me advice. i am Sirius! so, if anyone notices that i stop posting regularly, please call my mother and tell her i am either in the fbi dungeon, or buried under the parking lot behind the TrueVision3D office building. please, this is not a joke (at least, not as much of a joke as my "tormentor")! --- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

Better be careful... they''re coming to get you, man.

(lol... don''t ever change, krez!)

-------------- Tok --------------
~The Feature Creep of the Family~

Just for fun, here''s some of the exchange that I''ve had with these TrueVision3D folks.

Yesterday, I got an email asking to remove a topic. I simply did so. I didn''t look to closely, it rather looked like a spurious post anyway. the email said i should "keep a backup" and some nonsense about a law to that effect. to hell with that. i just deleted it.

Today, i get another email:

Greetings,

Please remove this topic:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=71197

And keep backup stored.

(if posible, can we get more info like IP address of the poster ? (if your privacy statement allows it))

Best Regards,
TrueVision3D Team

To which my response is:

Okay, kiddies, enough is enough. if you want to play cloak & dagger, i
suggest you find somewhere else to play. don''t send us any more emails, you
will get no response. we don''t have time to play your little game.

But of course, this apparently isnt enough for them, so they contact me via ICQ. here''s a transcript:

Him:Hello

Me:i have no time for nonsense.

Him:Sir, I''m not here, for trash.
But for a complain.
First of all, I''m a representif of TrueVision3D, part company of MyErisk Central Inc. (Indiana)

Mei had already guessed that)

Him:I''m not a charge, but I need to inform you, that we are not fooling arround and that we didn''t made ANY topic at gamedev, we only tried, to avoid crap and trash.
sorry a = at

Me:if you''re getting your nose bent out of shape because people are making fun of you, that is not my problem.

Him:It''s your problem, as long copyrighted names hav been used on your website, or the website of your company.
as long as we know, can this harm TrueVision3D and are we in our rights, to force you to delete it.

Me:so, then, according to your theory, nobody can talk about "kleenex" on our site either.

Him:Not, if it''s fake and information that harms a company of investigation.
sorry of = or
If we need to contact our lawyer, then we can get any site down, within the 24 four hours afther reaction, you may check it, by your own lawyer.

Me:harm? what harm? have you lost thousands of dollars in sales? has your company gone bankrupt because of messages posted on gamedev?

Him:No, not at all, but to be exactly, our source code was over 24 hours availeble on your website.

Me:as far as i know, it was not uploaded to our site. it was uploaded elsewhere, and merely linked to.

Him:yes, indeed, and lycos was contacted and they removed it afther 24 hours, because they had refused at the beginning.
Also SourceForge was forced to delete a section with our code.

Me:then the problem has been solved, hasn''t it?

Him:As long as you delete that last topic, created by a childish user, then everything has been fixed, and as long as I remember, was it the only request of tv3d, where we got the answer:
Okay, kiddies, enough is enough. if you want to play cloak & dagger, i
suggest you find somewhere else to play. don''t send us any more emails, you
will get no response. we don''t have time to play your little game.
Computers hav been destroyed and hacked by tv3d, and this case isn''t a joke.

Me:there is nothing in that post that constitutes a violation of any copyright.

Him:Yes, there is.
That internet mail, is private information.

Me:no one''s personal information is included.

Him:ok, I see where you''re going, and have a nice day.
You''ll here of us.
err sorry here= hear

Me:this nazi gestapo stuff might work in belgium, but not here.

Him:I''m located at belgium yes, but if you want then I can ask Mr Plante or Mr Parker to contact you by phone, with in the 24 hours

Me:no thanks. i''ll pass.

Him:Have a nice day, bye

just thought i''d share.

oh! and KLEENEX SUCKS!

I never got a chance to read that original thread... I feel deprived.

However, from what I''ve seen posted here it sounds like (name concealed) are being retards because (name concealed) can''t handle criticism. Is that too far out?

-Mezz