Milkshape & X. files

Started by
23 comments, last by yanuart 22 years, 3 months ago
Is it true that I can''t use D3DTS_WORLDTRANSFORM to rotate the entire scene if i use vertex blending ??
What can I use to rotate my world ??
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
You''re using D3DTS_WORLDTRANSFORM anyway. To rotate your skinned mesh, just multiply your world matrix with the matrix of the root frame in your hierarchy.
Sorry to ask , but what does this boneoffsetmatrix contains ??
I know u have to setransfrom the bonesmat (taken from the frametransformmatrix templates) and multiply it using the the boneoffsetmatrix.
I''ve done the code and try to make an x file from the exporter, but all of them are deformed. It seems that my code is doing OK, I just worried that the data which is the one that makes things screwed up.
How can I tested my x files ??
Play Motorama
Good question. The boneoffsetmatrix transforms the vertices from the space of the mesh to the space of the bone. This is needed because the vertices are stored with coordinates relative to the origin of the mesh instead of the bone, i.e. if you neglect the bones and render the skinned mesh as a normal mesh, it''ll be rendered in its original shape not affected by the bones and also not deformed. So, if you want to animate it according to the bones, you''ll need to transform the vertices from the mesh space to the bone space, and then change them back from the bone space to the mesh space but with new orientation for the bones.
I''m not sure which is responsible for screwing up your mesh. Why don''t you try another mesh. The one that comes with the SDK is working fine (tiny.x), why don''t you test your code with it?
Thanks FantasyGuy, after a couple of weeks of direct3d skinnedmesh crash course, now I''m able to do a skinmesh animation..
Now there''s one thing that I''ve to learn.. it''s about how to make your world for ur game.. hehehhee

I guess I owe u for your patient answering my stupid questions..
HEPPYY NEW YEAR !!!
Play Motorama

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement