, that was when C64 was already
outdated (student, no money for PC)
I was 13..14 or so

When I got a PC, I did a cannon commander like, with
two smurfs gunning each other, where you had to chose
angle and power of the gun. It was in Power-BASIC
(which had a compiler. I was really happy when I got this one,
it was so damn fast to have *.exe files instead of running
the program in gwbasic, qbasic or so...)
When I was 17, I did a 2D shootem up, again with smurfs :-)
(good player fights evil smurf zombies)

(Last two in DOS, the 1st in EGA, the latter in 13h-ch4.)
Advertisement
My really first game was written in BASIC. The screen was full of ''*'', and the player was a small bar and had to eat all those *s and he was hunted by a slower bar.

My first real game was a Go-Moku (five in a row tick-tack-toe and on a larger board). It had a cool greedy algorithm and was pretty smart.
My first game was a pong clone in java-script 2 years ago.
At that time i was 13, now I''m busy with C++, so thats a big step!
I'm still working on my first programmed game, (I've done a few in "Klik and Play" but that's cheating ) check it out here: http://www.lordmaz.150m.com/index.htm
(still hot from the oven )

-Lord Maz-

-Edit: fixed link

Edited by - Lord Maz on January 7, 2002 5:25:12 AM
-Lord Maz-
Damn, what a thread (I''m not used to this forum with lots of replies)

Anyway, my first game was written in basic (basic.com file name) on some 8088 clone. Was text based game when u moved two "##" on the screen. I was 8 back then (now im 20). Since then, till now I have hundreds (> 200) unfinished projects. First REAL, FINISHED game was in something like 1994 - Tank shooter (classical - u pick angle and bullet speed), which used VGA unchained 320x240 mode with virtual screen like 800x240, lots of gun types, etc. Damn, I couldn''t figure out how to do fast, nice "terrain fall down" back then. It was made in Turbo Pascal 7. I still have this game with source code ;-)

Good luck every1
- Lifepower
My first finnished (95%) game was a sidescrolling shooter game. You controlled an aircraft and had to shoot down planes, choppers, SAM Trucks and avoid missile silos. Quite fun actully, since the game used randomly placed units and terrain it was kinda infinitive, except that there was only 5 different themes of terrain. If I recall correctly it also had weather. I''ve finnished it at 7th or 8th grade, hmm that would made me 13 or 14 yo. I used Quick BASIC, mode 13h. God I miss thoose days
#ifndef (Goldsword_was_here)#define (Goldsword_was_here)cout << "Goldsword was here" << endl;#endif
I''m still learning this DX/D3D stuff - I''m working on my first game now - a 2d tank combat game.
"16 days?? that's almost two weeks!!" Tucker
My first game was a text adventure for the C=64, called "Pub Quest" (download). It was 100% BASIC and I wrote it in 1983 at the tender age of 16. I got it published, and I''ve been writing games professionally ever sinse.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement