Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peaceman

Nehe Tut 23 extremly slow

Peaceman    122
Hi, I just downloaded Tut 23 from Nehe, it''s the one with direct imput and it makes nit frames/second, but minutes/frame which is quite bizzar. My System is a 700 Mhz Athlon + Geforce 256 with 256 MB Ram, so I thought that that would be enough, but what makes the demo so slow then????

Aprosenf    372
Are you running in full screen or windowed mode? The tutorials tend to run better in full screen mode, because in windowed mode, some of the buffers are emulated, which slows them down a lot. For example, the radial blending tutorial runs fine in full screen but it only runs at about 1 frame/sec in windowed mode because of the emulated buffers.

Peaceman    122
Thx, but as I found out, a shutdown yesturday evening and a nice night was everything my computer needed, actually I tried a restart yesturday with no effect, so that I posted here, but the problem was something else...

Peaceman    122
More problems, as I am using GLUT almost exclusivly, I downloaded the source code from NEHE modifyded for GLUT, but the program is really really slow, and the full screen mode is disabled in the code, so I don''t know what to do.