Circuits Circuits:)

Started by
21 comments, last by Some Guy 22 years, 4 months ago
quote:Original post by felisandria
Above all... be careful. Wall voltage can kill you, and if it doesn''t kill you it''s definitely going to hurt.

Really? Hmmm. Once, when I was plugging in an extension cord for a leaf blower, my finger slipped when the prongs were half-way into the outlet, and touched the exposed prongs. My arm started to shake. It even continued to shake for a few seconds after I took my hand away. No pain. No long-term damage. Nothing.

But this stuff is supposed to mess you up?

I guess that explains some things then!
Advertisement
I nearly had 5000+ volts through me from an E.H.T outlet, it has next to no current, so that wasn''t TOO much of a problem, would have hurt like hell though
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
I''ve heard that there''s a difference between DC and AC, so if you regulate wall voltage it could be deadly. Don''t know if that''s an urban legend or what (I should know, being an ECE guy). Either way is dangerous, though. I''ve zapped myself with wall voltage (120VAC), and felt tingly for quite a bit afterward but am still here. Maybe if my other hand was grounded I''d be a cinder now.

BTW, digital devices are still analog, they''re just interpretted differently. =) But the point is that a digital output only has two values, and is usually clocked. Analog output takes a continuous range of values and is continuous over time. It''s like the difference between continuous math and discrete math if you''re familiar with that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement