damn microsoft to hell

Started by
22 comments, last by flucknugget 22 years, 3 months ago
Promit, you are an idiot. I, personally am not too convinced you know what you are talking about, and besides, what kind of asshole would say something like this to a newbie, asking a sensible question in an ''beginners'' forum at that:

quote:Original post by Promit
Or maybe, youre just a frigging impatient stupid ass highschool kid who needs to start learning how to learn!

Especially because youre so damn impatient you didnt even read the SDK docs on "Whats new in DIrectX 8" or look at the top of . Because If you had, you would have known to use a define statement to set the DX version to 7, if you wanted DDraw!

So b4 flaming MS, look at yourself and say "Whos being the stupid bastard? MS...or me?"

If you cant handle people asking questions where the answer is obvious (to you), stay out of this forum!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Promit
OGL is useful for everything(and i mean EVERYTHING) except Windows Games. Im sorry if you other people feel badly about that, but thats the breaks.

Direct3D8 now outperforms OpenGL, which i though ws kind of sad, but a fact is a fact.

Performance of an API depends on drivers and the programmers ability. If a programmer knows not how to optimize code, what are they doing programming for 3D hardware? On nVidia cards, OpenGL runs slightly faster than D3D. On 3dfx cards, D3D runs faster than OpenGL.

OpenGL is as suited for games as D3D is. Both are just peices of code that you use to access 3D hardware. OpenGL opens up more of the cards features to the programmer than D3D does, but D3D forces greater compatibility. Any half decent OpenGL programmer that isnt designing card-specific code will check OGL extensions for a cards capability before attempting to access its functions. If OpenGL isnt suited for games under Windows, then why are there plenty of Windows games that use OpenGL and run perfectly?
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Oh for the love of god. API performance is down to the drivers. Yes, OpenGL will perform worse when used rendering individual triangles with drivers written by a monkey. With equivilent code ( ie, DrawPrimitive and DrawElements ), the speed is just down to the drivers. If you have better OpenGL drivers, OPENGL WILL PERFORM BETTER, on the otherhand, if you have better D3D drivers, the opposite is true.

Get a clue.

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.

EDIT[ spelling ]

Edited by - python_regious on January 4, 2002 2:02:02 PM
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Just a quick note that is ON TOPIC In my copy of the MSDN help files is a description of DirectDraw7, but is in a hard to find section. (I have the October version of the library)

Here''s the path:
Platform SDK, Graphics and Multimedia | Platform SDK Documentation | Graphics and Multimedia | DirectX | DirectX 8.1 (C++)(Pre-release) | Extras | DirectDraw 7.0

Hope it works for you too...

Fade out again...
Fade out again...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement