Playstation2

Started by
3 comments, last by dragon376 22 years, 4 months ago
Does any know how to program on Playstation2. I''ve been programming on win plaform for a while now (3D), and I would like to move towards PS2. I saw that codewarrior had a C/C++ compiler for PS2. Where can I get documentation and libraries? Thanx
Advertisement
Officially, you can''t - unless you''re hired by a company that is a licensed Sony developer. If that happens, you''ll be provided with the libraries and documentation (they come with the DTL-10000''s).

Unofficially, there are tools you can use with a properly modified PS2 that will let you xfer binaries across. It''s not pretty, and not for the faint of heart. But it''s better than nothing.

Cheers,
-scott
look here

You can plug your PS2 into your PC using a USB cable and download code to it (same with the DreamCast). It has to be a particular kind of USB cable (I didn''t know there were different kinds...).

I haven''t had time to look into it, but I''ve been meaning to...
If you do, lemme know how it goes.

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you''ve never written buggy code" - Lee

"What I see is a system that _could do anything - but currently does nothing !" - Anonymous CEO
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
you would need a mod''d PS2, ieee 1394 (firewire) cable, and obviously a firewire card in your PC. you will also need a gameshark2 (depending on your modchip), and the debugger tool from SN. assembler''s and compilers can be located all over the place. your best bet would be the GNU c compiler, which is free.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
almost forgot. i would suggest taking a look at the MIPS architecture, first. the full MIPS IV specification can be found at "www.idt.com".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement