What's that about the ghost-stories?

Started by
11 comments, last by NaliXL 22 years, 4 months ago
No offence, but was NeHe just telling about something he dreamt about, or did he really mean this? I do believe in god and angels, but this seems not entirely normal to me. What''s going on with NeHe?
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
Advertisement
Well, let me tell you this, when i was 18, my best friend was in the hospital with leucemia.
At the time me and some other folks had a part time job, where i was wondering trought the streets(after school) so it was deep night, and we had some publicity that we had to stick on the cars window.
Well, there we were doing our job, when me and the other guys saw a guy in a motorbike coming close and we all saw my friend driving his bike. We all said hi to the guy, but he said nothing to us.., now i''m pretty sure it was him, and i who tought he was in the hospital.
Now.., imagine my face, when in the next day i was told by my fathers that his mother called in to say that he died that night.
After all of this time, i still don''t have a logic explanation for this.., it could be me seeing him on the motorbike, but everyone ?

take care,

Bruno
Well, Bruno, my first year of college I used to think I saw people that I knew from high school all the time. They just happened to strongly resemble my old friends, and perhaps I was lonely and wanted to see them?

Although, I''ve never been to Portugal, ethnically I am Portuguese - and from the Portuguese I''ve seen here in California - we all tend to look alike - or at least have certain common "looks" or "types" or what have you - so perhaps the fellow on the motorbike was just a chap who strongly resembled your friend with leukemia. Either way, my condolence.

I can''t speak to any vision''s that NeHe''s experienced. But I can speak from my own experiences with the death of my mother. She went into a coma three days before she passed. Her sister tried to keep a vigil but was "coming apart at the seems" - so to speak. Eventually, her sister had to go home to rest. And within hours of her sister''s departure - my mother passed on.

To me it felt that even though she was in a coma - she was aware of our presence - aware of the presence of her sister - and aware that her sister would not be able to handle her death - and so she held on until after her sister left.

Dying is a natural process that we moderns are quite ignorant of - and therefore - fearful of - especially in the United States. It''s not that people have stopped dying - but dying has become like a ''dirty little secret'' - and so we hide it in the closest - only to bring it out now and again when our shows lag in the ratings.

Check out this article interviewing a hospice worker - it''s a very eye opening look at the dying process. (http://www.oiquarterly.org/vol02/num2/vol02-2-05.htm)

As for angels and the like - well... I''m skeptical - but science hasn''t yet developed the tools for measuring gravitywaves so it''s likely that those phenomenon will someday be explained - so long as we keep from killing ourselves or the planet.

AP.., ethnically you are portuguese ?
Well, we don't look all alike .. lol , if you go that way, then we also look like spanish or french.., we are all caucasian after all.
anyway, i understand what you mean, in my suybconscious i was thinking of him, and then i saw him there.., it had to be that, i know, but it's weird anyway, because i and the others "saw" him in the night he died, not any other.
I don't have any built opinion about after lifes and ghosts and whatever, but i do believe "we" must have something more than only electrical signs on our brains that make us conscious, on the other hand, i believe that as people have afraid of death we need to find another escape for it. On the scientif side, it's proved that certain parts of the brain have diferent functions, and if you get injured on a certain part of the brain, you may loose movement, or memory or whatever.., so, actually i really don't know what to think. I like science a lot, and i try to find all the explanations i need in science, but, science can't explain everything,so, i will never have a strong opinion about this.

Bruno

Edited by - Bruno on December 18, 2001 7:30:47 AM
Time to rename the site to NEHE--Twilight Zone! :D

It is fact that people see what they want to see, not what they actually see. Also, the mind does play tricks on us, and this usually happens when you are depressed/lonely.

No NeHe wasn''t dreaming about anything he wrote on his page. What doesnt seem normal about it?

His dad went for a walk and came back finding a small gold angel on his forhead (just like a gold star).

His Aunt got a phone call from a girl very upset asking her if she was coming to pick her up her name was Rose (same as Jeff''s mom) but it was the wrong number.

His brother went upstairs for a snack, when he came back to hos room his pillows were all over his bed and a picture of Rose (Jeff''s mom) was lying on one of the pillows (the picture was above on his headboard)

Our cats both jumped on the table and were starring at something, that both Jeff and I couldnt see.

Jeff''s stocking kept falling down (like 3x) none of the others just Jeff''s (and mine is the exact same stocking) its been good for 2 days now.

Now all of these stories all could have a explanation to why or how they happened - but Jeff , myself and his family choose to believe its spiritual, and it helps us believe that his Mom has gone to a better place and is at peace. And thats all that matters.

So I think that this post is very distastfull - its like your moking Jeff for what he believes happened. and thats not right. He didnt share these stories with everyone to be made fun of. And will be hurt when he reads this post.
Well, I wrote the long AP post - I certainly didn''t mean to make fun of Jeff in his grief - I lost my mom to cancer too - so I know how devestating that is.

Yes, Bruno, ethnically I''m Portuguese (Bom Natal by the way)- both my parents and both of their parents too - without mixing in other European nationalities - the family has been here in the US for 100 years - although the melting pot slowly churns - most of my cousins are only half. But that''s ok, nothing wrong with that.

Yes I understand that Portuguese look like Spaniards and Frenchmen and even Italians. I visited Italy once and got asked for directions in Italian a few times having to explain that I was an American and had no idea.

I think that the fellow on the motor bike looked a lot like your friend and your brain made the connection from there. I''ve read soem things about how the brain works and "making connections" - "filling in the empty spaces" - describes a lot of what the brain does.
AP : I was not pointing fingers at anyone, just answering a question "Whats going on with NeHe?" Jeff''s not unstable, we are all just trying to deal with the lose of a GREAT woman.

AP: Sorry to hear you lost your mom as well
Hey NeHe, it was not in the least my intention to declare you insane or something like that. It''s just that I find this story on your site. You make it "sound" like something supernatural. I''m glad your dad seems to get better, because of that little angel-thingie, but it''s just the way you''re telling us. I was in doubt about what you''re trying to say here...
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
Well... if it''s real or not ( I mean.. if there''s an explanation or not ), it doesnt really matter.

Nehe and those close to him find comfort in this, and that cant be anything but good.

Nehe sounds more upbeat too. (I always read the entire news section... no matter how it sounds).

So I''m glad nehe and his family, his friends and his girlfriend have some comfort in this time of grieving.

Also, great to hear that people he didnt know were so kind actually are. It''s a sad fact, but tragedy brings out the best in people. But it''s always nice to have friends around at times like these.
"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will have warmth for the rest of his life"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement