Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So very off-topic post

This topic is 5833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This forum (well as previously named "Linux") has been one of my favorites on Gamedev, but I was just browsing this Everything Unix forum and got a bit confused by some posts. Just one simple question: what the hell is / was going on with a few topics, one named "Welcome to Windows XP!"? You people weren''t serious, right? And "More Moscow!"?? What the hell! And the "more moscow" -text with a picture that has nothing to do with Moscow nor Russia. Uhh... what am I missing here? Well, just in case I didn''t understand your wonderful humor you funny yanks, please, help out a man here who obviously has no sense of humor! Thanks! And btw, congrats to the new mod.. who ever you are. Feel free to delete this post if you feel like it. I am very aware that this post has nothing to do with Unix. saeZ

Basically, Godfree^ did some stuff that pissed Dave off, so he lost his moderatorship to nes8bit for a while (who, in case you can''t tell, is very pro-Windows). That was more or less a joke, and now we have a legitimate moderator again.

rm -rf /bin/laden

Thanks for clearing that out CmndrM. I just got pissed off (yes I could tell nes8bit was very pro-windows). I usually don''t get pissed off easily but .. I guess it was because of lack of nicotine. Doh! Sorry yall.
I''m glad there''s a real moderator now.

saeZ

No need to apologize. Most people didn''t quite understand that it was a joke anyway, including myself at first. Eventually, everyone realized it, but it took some people a lot longer than others to understand that.

rm -rf /bin/laden

Guest Anonymous Poster
That stunt made this board, along with the others, look quite bad. Rogue "moderators" posting like that doesn''t look very good.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
That stunt made this board, along with the others, look quite bad. Rogue "moderators" posting like that doesn''t look very good.

I agree. I was totally confused and appalled when those "strange" posts started showing up. I''m glad we have an excellent and legitimate moderator: Oluseyi.

and you ppl have me to thank for that.

I was planning on stepping down anyway, I just wanted to do it with style, and Ouleyesi was my first choice for replacement.

After all, it was him who made the immortal quote on the Indrema lists...

"I may flame first, but Nurgle flames best"

quote:
"I may flame first, but Nurgle flames best"

LOL! That''s pretty funny. I''m still confused though. What the hell are you moderating now, Nurgle?

rm -rf /bin/laden

quote:
Original post by Nurgle
"I may flame first, but Nurgle flames best."

I did say that... been a while now.

(For the unaware, both Nurgle and I were "admins" on the now-defunct Indrema Developer Network where we flamed many an assuming idiot - especially the variety that had zero programming experience but wished to develop Quake for a console).

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
[quote]Original post by Nurgle
"I may flame first, but Nurgle flames best."

I did say that... been a while now.

(For the unaware, both Nurgle and I were "admins" on the now-defunct Indrema Developer Network where we flamed many an assuming idiot - especially the variety that had zero programming experience but wished to develop Quake for a console).

Glad to see someone with sense will finally be moderating this forum. Even though I wanted to be the moderator for this forum... Then again, I don''t know if I would''ve been a good moderator. Unstable system. The Harddisk in my head crashed or something...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

quote:
Original post by Cyberdrek Glad to see someone with sense will finally be moderating this forum.

Appreciate that.

quote:
** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Now, about this part of your .sig...

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi

I thought it was mainly the TuxBox assholes before they became the TuxBox assholes? (people may remember my banning an discussion of that system a while back)

Mr Islip can suck my hairy balls...

Speaking of which, how is the O-Box coming along? Got a prototype ready yet?

quote:
Original post by Nurgle I thought it was mainly the TuxBox assholes before they became the TuxBox assholes? (people may remember my banning an discussion of that system a while back)

Ugh. Don''t get me started on those guys...

quote:
Speaking of which, how is the O-Box coming along? Got a prototype ready yet?

Froze it. Indefinitely. For one thing, there isn''t much commercial sense in it at this point in time; and for another, my committments preclude me from effective development. Anyways, most people are too "consumer-oriented" to work with in the prototype and design phases (all they can contribute is "What should we name it?" or "How''s about we make it transluscent blue instead of neon green?"). I''m working on some other embedded and short-range transmission devices for now, and looking into national telephony applications for the next couple of years.