So very off-topic post

Started by
17 comments, last by saeZ 22 years, 4 months ago
This forum (well as previously named "Linux") has been one of my favorites on Gamedev, but I was just browsing this Everything Unix forum and got a bit confused by some posts. Just one simple question: what the hell is / was going on with a few topics, one named "Welcome to Windows XP!"? You people weren''t serious, right? And "More Moscow!"?? What the hell! And the "more moscow" -text with a picture that has nothing to do with Moscow nor Russia. Uhh... what am I missing here? Well, just in case I didn''t understand your wonderful humor you funny yanks, please, help out a man here who obviously has no sense of humor! Thanks! And btw, congrats to the new mod.. who ever you are. Feel free to delete this post if you feel like it. I am very aware that this post has nothing to do with Unix. saeZ
Advertisement
Basically, Godfree^ did some stuff that pissed Dave off, so he lost his moderatorship to nes8bit for a while (who, in case you can''t tell, is very pro-Windows). That was more or less a joke, and now we have a legitimate moderator again.

rm -rf /bin/laden
Thanks for clearing that out CmndrM. I just got pissed off (yes I could tell nes8bit was very pro-windows). I usually don''t get pissed off easily but .. I guess it was because of lack of nicotine. Doh! Sorry yall.
I''m glad there''s a real moderator now.

saeZ
No need to apologize. Most people didn''t quite understand that it was a joke anyway, including myself at first. Eventually, everyone realized it, but it took some people a lot longer than others to understand that.

rm -rf /bin/laden
That stunt made this board, along with the others, look quite bad. Rogue "moderators" posting like that doesn''t look very good.

oh the anarchy!

-eldee
;another space monkey;
-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
That stunt made this board, along with the others, look quite bad. Rogue "moderators" posting like that doesn''t look very good.

I agree. I was totally confused and appalled when those "strange" posts started showing up. I''m glad we have an excellent and legitimate moderator: Oluseyi.

Ahhhhhh... When Godfree^ destroyed the Linaen''s Peopls''s Front...

Yes, it''s true,
there should be
a Java-Python-C++ language called Japyc
or (Jah-PIC)
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
quote:Original post by Floppy
... I''m glad we have an excellent and legitimate moderator: Oluseyi.

Indeed!

/usr/sbin/syslogd
and you ppl have me to thank for that.

I was planning on stepping down anyway, I just wanted to do it with style, and Ouleyesi was my first choice for replacement.

After all, it was him who made the immortal quote on the Indrema lists...

"I may flame first, but Nurgle flames best"

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement