• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Programmer Pay

This topic is 6570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am going to be applying for a job as a game programmer and they would like to know my salary expectations... Well I have no idea. They want somebody who knows c/c++, assembly, game concepts and principles, directx, java and shockwave. Well I have experience in all of those but I have never had a game programming job, so what kind of wage should I be shooting for? oh ya, I live in Canada so take that into consideration for your estimates. Thanks.

Advertisement
First off, where is the company located? This will have a major impact on what salary you should expect becuase of cost of living.

The company is located in Edmonton, Alberta. So the cost of living isn''t really a factor... Now if it was further up north I could see that really being a big factor.

Well, I can't say for Canada, but I am making 55K in San Francisco, but that's a little high. For an entry level job, you can expect anywhere from 30-50K (US Dollars) depending on the area. Personally, I would concider anything under 40J too low to accept, then it depends on the job and the cost of living.

Remember, all this is in US dollars.

Edited by - I-Shaolin on 1/28/00 1:00:46 PM

• Advertisement