More Windoes XP

Started by
7 comments, last by Fyre_dragenn 22 years, 4 months ago
Cum on everyone all together now... Microsoft is can sux mei NUTZ! They really should... Not only did they make it near impossible to program it they made layers upon layers upon layers to program it so "we can acually be able to program it" Remember MFC? there terrible... Remember the DOS days when you were able to program strictly from the top of your head. Hell! that the first OS l LEARN to program from. Now l need some 1000 page book to program a more then simple game AND another one (DirectX) to drive it. This is rediculous. MFC are just a near endless loop of structures and recursive functions... Face it! If you ever master WINhoesXXX you would be the next albert Enstien and realized you wasted ur time. We really need some way to emulate directx but not at a windows independant manner... That why l feel Opengl is better! But that not the point is... WE ALL SWITCH OVER TO WINhoes back in the day because WINhoes offer directX... Finally generic hardware acceleration... NOw we have more options... WHY THE HELL ARE WE STAYING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Advertisement
So....why did you buy Windows then?

*cough*LINUX*cough*

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
that post was clearly from some ignorant kid
I don't think dos programming was much easier. It was different.
If you want to just make a text based application, it's still as easy to do, you'll just end up in a dos shell window. No difference in programming at all.
If you want to make a GUI based program, you need to do GUI stuff. If you want to write something alike on top of dos, you'll and up with a whole lot of GUI code.

MFC isn't made for game programming. It's for office apps and other pieces of "boring" software. If you don't like, don't use it, you don't need to. I use it for map editors etc., cause it makes the GUI stuff SO much easier.

If you really dislike Windows so much, why don't you make games for a different platform, like Linux, or Dos. Of course than you'll have no audience, cause the public will prefare Windows based games.

Anyways, just a matter of taste. No need to flame.

Edited by - Askadar on December 18, 2001 12:17:28 PM
Kill mages first!
Er, thank you Fyre_dragenn. That was rather incoherent ...
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Um, no, my friend, you''re a bit confused on something.

DOS was easier in the general sense that you can come up with anything off the top of your head.

No, DOS was not necessarily easier to program in. Windows establishes a common framework for your application. Those 1,000 lines that you speak of (which is actually more like 100) you can use to start just about every Windows application you make.

In DOS, you had to write your own everything. Just how many woes did does have that hindered development? Write sound drivers, write video drivers, write the GUI, write the memory access (mainly for video). You want to talk about repetitive and gratuitous. It was definitely DOS when it comes to writing a complete program.

Just my two cents.

----
Herb M. (mdfmKoRn)
s3202@attbi.com
lm sorry guyz l just dont like the idea of layers when it comes to programming. I prefer assembly but windows make it impossible to do. =(
Well! that my two sense

What''s wrong with layers exactly? They''re there to make things easier. Layers are an integral part of computing - hardware layers, OS layers, software layers, etc.

- Kaijin
I''m closing this for 3 reasons:

a) You already posted it to another thread.
b) It''s flamebait.
c) This is the wrong forum for this type of discussion anyway, one thread is enough.

----------------------------------
AIM: IanWinsAgain ICQ: 60635592 TIM: FaceHat
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement