LF Programmer (and more!) in Gamemaker or Unity to help with a pixel art, choice-based RPG.

Started by
1 comment, last by buddydev 1 year, 2 months ago

Hello! I am a newbie game dev who has done most of their work in RPGmaker and other drag and drop engines. I've been working on concept art and story for around 2 years now, and I've decided to take it more ambitiously this year, however I've run into a lot of limitations and difficulties with the engine, specifically in the combat system and in the tile mapping. I'd love to have some help making this game a reality!

“In Memoriam is a pixel art, choice based, and character-building RPG in which you play in a recovering world as the villain who once destroyed it. After losing all memory of these actions, you travel across the lands with the heroes sent to bring you in on a quest to bring those memories back, while fighting and talking your way out of difficult situations. However, maybe some things are better left forgotten, and restoring the memories may have… unforeseen consequences.”

The tone of the game is lighthearted, while sprinkling in topics with heavier themes and ideas throughout gameplay. Definitely has heavy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Undertale influences.

There is a planned 3 chapters with only 1 completely written.

Which part of the project will I help with?

• All tilesets, sprites, and art assets.
  • Story writing, dialog, interactions (though i am open to others working on this as well!)
  • Music, Sound design
  • UI (still learning!)

Which part of the project will I need others help with?

• Programming! Specific systems needed were a friendship system, combat/skill system (based on actions outside of combat), and a system where choice variables are saved and can be inputted later.
  • Writing! I will never turn down more help with writing. It is always nice to have extra hands.

If interested, please DM me here or shoot me a message on Discord! (audwee#2283)

None

Advertisement

@undefined Hello, I am a Unity programmer who is interested in the project. The premise sounds good and interesting. i Would like to get more details on it and help make this project a reality, if possible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement