OpenGL in Win2000/XP?

Started by
3 comments, last by Electron 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi! I''m having problems with running my application on Windows NT-platforms. Not that it''s not running, it''s just running SLOW!! I tried upgrading the drivers from www.glsetup.com, but it says it only supports 9x-products. Is this true? And, if not, where can i find drivers for NT-platforms?
--Electron"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it.""'General failure trying to read from file' - who is General Failure, and why is he reading my file??"
Advertisement
what video card?

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
Go to your card manufacturers'' web site, and download the newest Win2k/XP drivers.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
The built in plug-and-play drivers in WinXP "neglected" to include OGL drivers on several different popular video cards.... Just DX. Most of the time, your gonna have to get the manufacturer''s driver.
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
WinXP/2k comes with opengl32.dll, which is Microsoft''s software-based (read: non-accelerated) OpenGL implementation. If you want hardware acceleration, then grab the latest/greatest drivers for the video card. None of the drivers that are included with WinXP/2k have OpenGL acceleration support.

So, that''s the reason your app is running SLOW. It''s running entirely in software. Note also that the software implementation doesn''t support everything (GL_BLEND is one thing it doesn''t support).

-Brannon
-Brannon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement