Making MFC go fullscreen

Started by
8 comments, last by IR 22 years, 4 months ago
After reading many sites and trying many different approaches, I still fail at simply making my MFC doc/OpenGLview based app go full screen. I figured I could mess with the ‘PreCreateWindow’ message I could -to some extend- influence the window. But it would result in a ''full screen'' window with a small border around it. Also the app needs the ability to toggle between full screen and windowed mode. But I fail to read about MFC and full screen anywhere. And I don''t want to use any DX code for this. Am I wanting the impossible here??? ...simply going full screen with MFC using OpenGL? Do I need to dump the doc/view architecture altogether to be able to do what I want? Thanks for any help on this!
Advertisement
I found this article using Google.

Hope it Helps.

http://shiptech.tuniv.szczecin.pl/~weyna/OpenGL/FullScreen.htm
Thanks for the fast reply. I have searched allot of sites about this MFC full screen ''issue'', including the one you mentioned.

Unfortunately that page is of no help.

I can''t believe MFC makes this so hard/hidden?
MFC was not invented for game programming. Normal apps don''t need fullscreen.

When was the last time you had your wordprocessor in fullscreen mode?
Kill mages first!
I''m not sure what you are using the full screen for, or trying to do, but you could get the screen size metrics(through the system metrics) and then set your window to that size.(effectively making it full screen =)

"Programmers - The next generation of Mathematicians."
~Michael Sikora
Programs like Photoshop have a Full screen function
>>>Normal apps don''t need fullscreen

This is project abnormal

I found a solution, thanks for any replies!
I forgot to post under my name, stupid. I found a solution, thanks.

(IR Baboon)
What was the solution?
I was sent to search for: Q164162
This leads to some lost old MS knowledge base.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/visual_c/kb/q164/1/62.txt

Following the example layed out there, I was able to get my MFC app to toggle 'fullscreen'.

Edited by - IR on December 18, 2001 4:32:17 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement