Connecting Molecular Machines, Cellular Automata, and Digital Organisms

Started by
2 comments, last by bionicbros_de 22 years, 3 months ago
We are nearly complete with an electronic system to unite molecular, cellular and organismic AI or ALIFE systems. We were wondering how you would approach such a matter. In other words, how would you put the molecules and cells into say Ray''s Tierra or others Digital Organisms.... Life is not only just a being it also requires cells and molecules.
Get Hypercycled
Advertisement
If you are "nearly complete" with your project, why do you need someone else to tell you how to do this?
Hey,

Are you asking in which way you could make your application and Tierra compatible or are you solely refering to Tierra for the purpose of how we would make objects like molecules and cells in Tierra?

As for the last option, I guess it kinda is in Tierra, the total program of an agent is its entire source and a molecule is a single command. I don''t think that Tierra in itself was intended to have multiple layers of organization.

You might want to check out Swarm (www.swarm.org) which has an open ended interface and surely gives options to program complex agent based systems.

One last note, I''ve read your previous posts on this forum and I''ve seen your site. From the looks of it, I like what you are doing and others probably as well, but it doesn''t give a clear view. You talk about a game, a very interesting ALife engine to make the game run and even trading cards, but I don''t understand what you want to accomplish.

Could you tell us in a structured way what you are making?
Maybe even a screenshot?

I understand if the current stage of the project prohibits you from doing so, but as you will have noticed in most of your posts, the problem is you are asking for opinions but if the people on these forums don''t get the picture they can''t give good advice.

Greetz,

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...
******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************
If we provided full information from day one the project would not be interesting. We have worked hard to keep the beast as cult and hidden as possible. Sorry if it seems like run around - we remain vauge for the moment until all options are tested. Thanks for the tips.

A more complete project overview will be online in early January. Stage two of the project.

Jim
Get Hypercycled

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement