• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diodor

Max Script lazy question

This topic is 6151 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to create some max scripts to create 2d content for a game. I want to extract the following information for each pixel of a rendered 3d model: -alpha value -z depth -surface normal -texture map coordinates -material ID Can this be done (reasonably easy)? How would I go about doing this? Anyone knows some tutorials or script examples that do this? I''ll be happy with a RTFM answer (just make sure you mention the chapter ).

Advertisement
well i dont know how to do that stuff, its been a while since iv done any max script, but im pretty sure all of that is possible.

but i personally think it would be easier to make a 3ds loader that shows you that stuff. There are some .3ds loading tutorials at www.gametutorials.com so you might want to check there.

i hope that helps a bit

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!