What's wrong with BeOS?

Started by
4 comments, last by LackOfKnack 24 years, 2 months ago
Is there anything? Why aren''t we all stampeding over there? Am I missing something?
Lack
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Advertisement
Well, a major reason would be: the free version isnt out yet!! BeOS 5, the first free version, will be avalible in the first quarter, or so they state at Be inc.
Why we aren''t? No reason...
It''s sort of the chicken and the egg
Not many people use BeOS yet, and developers won''t make stuff for it

But BEOS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, with Windows there''re advocates and anti-s, and with Linux there''re advocates and anti-s, but with BeOS, just advocates? Nobody has anything bad to say?

Yeah, I was going to buy that $10 demo CD, but by the time it gets to Canada it''ll have cost me $35, so I''ll just wait for V5. It''s supposed to be only 40-60 megs anyway, yay!

Lack
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
interesting story, the guy who started Be used to be apple''s marketing manager.
youll see a little apple in the BeOS desktop
I''ve used BeOS and have it installed on my Intel system at home and on a PPC system at work. I''ve only ever used the current release, 4.5.2

I''m not sure if anyone reading this is on the Be User talk mailing list, but there''s been a lot of ranting about Be ''refocusing'' on Internet Appliances.

It seems like a lot of the early adopters felt a bit betrayed when Be made the announcement, but I think it makes sense for them as a company.

I like BeOS a lot, it does a great job of balancing GUI and command line. And it was way easier for me to install Be than Linux was.

I want to develop for BeOS, including the Internet Appliance arena, but its hard to find the time...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement