Problems Installing the SDK

Started by
2 comments, last by Nacho 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi! I bought Beggining Direct3D game programming and the Zen of Direct3D Game programming. I upgraded the SDK (my previous version was the one that came with Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus) but most Direct3D samples do not seem to work properly. A dialog box appears saying that my rasterizer device cannot support that sample and that it is going to switch to another one. Then, another dialog box appears saying that the required media cannot be loaded and that the sample is going to exit. My computer is a PIII 800, 192MB RAM and a RIVA TNT2 graphics card. I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia.com, reinstalled Windows 98, Microsoft Visual C++ 6 and the SDK itself. Moreover, the samples and documents of the sdk are not in the "mssdk" folder. I don´t know why, because I specified in the installation that I wanted all of them to be installed. A couple of weeks ago I tought it was because my graphics card is not that new, but now I think that the problem is not there. Any suggestions out there?
Advertisement
Anybody?
Open up windows explorer and compare the files on the cd with the files in c:mssdk. And just manually drag the files onto your c drive.
Really? Ok then, I´ll do that! Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement